August 4, 2017
Dear Friends of Maryvale Community,
For many years we have enjoyed the gathering together to offer a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for the Maryvale Community . It has been extremely satisfying to gather as acquaintances (or in some cases even as strangers) and work together to provide a meal for close to 300 people. We are again underway to prepare for this year’s Thanksgiving Day celebration. We invite you to be a part of this event; we do not want you to miss the thoroughly enjoyable day that has become a highlight in the Maryvale community.
We have had an organizational team that helped make each year a success. However , this year we are in need to fill in some of the coordinator jobs as some who have been doing it for the past 8 years are not able to serve this year. Therefore , we are looking for those who want to be part of the leadership team to coordinate the volunteers so that we can continue this great tradition.
Specifically we need 6 coordinators
1. Plating – organizing servers who put the food on the plates
2. Waiting – organizing volunteers who serve the food to the guests
3. Security – organizing volunteers to ensure the safety of the campus
4. Set-Up – organizing volunteers who set up and decorate the gym to make it a dining room
5. Clean-up – organizing volunteers to wash dishes, take out trash, clean up spills, etc.
6. Promotion – organizing the publicity and distribution of flyers
We are so blessed to be a part of this great community within Phoenix - blessed with people who want to share their blessing with others. Participation in this and other events nourishes the wonderful kindred spirit of Maryvale.
If you want to volunteer to be part of the leadership team to ensure this tradition continues, please call Pastor Dan or Pastor Carla. 602 269 3489
Rev. Dan Flemming
Host Church Pastor, Maryvale Church of the Nazarene
3201 North 51 st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85031